Located in Kaweka Forest Park, Robson’s Lodge is one of the few buildings that remains in a once thriving farming area. The lodge is now frequently used as a base for school trips and camps.
Manson Hut in Kaweka Forest Park was originally built in the late 1940s to serve as a musterer's hut.
Many battles were fought for the ownership of Otatara Pa. Stand at the top of one of the largest pa sites in New Zealand.
Shutes Hut was built in 1920 to serve as a musterer's hut for Big Hill Station. The first regular occupant was Alex Shute who led a solitary life rabbiting.
Designed by William Henry Clayton, the Napier Courthouse was constructed between 1874 and 1875. The building now houses DOC's Hawke's District Office.
Learn the history of Ellis Hut in Ruahine Forest Park. Over the years the hut has been used for farming, wild animal control and recreation purposes.
Located in Kaweka Forest Park, Iron Whare is a small hut constructed from vertical slab totara. The whare was probably built in the 1870s as a musterer's hut.
Built in 1931 by George Fulcher, this cottage serves as a reminder of just how late the 'pioneering' spirit survived in New Zealand. Fulcher's Cottage is located in Ruahine Forest Park.