The fund, announced in March 2014, has approximately $26 million dollars to distribute to community groups for priority conservation work over four years. Following the initial four years, the fund will return to an allocation of approximately $4.6 million per annum.
The fund is directed at practical, on-the-ground projects. These projects will maintain and restore the diversity of our natural heritage and enable more people to participate in recreation, enjoy and learn from our historic places, and engage with and value the benefits of conservation.
DOC Community Fund 2017
Expression of Interest applications closed at 5 pm on Friday 23 June.
If you have submitted your application after this time, unfortunately you have missed the cut off and your application will not considered.
You will be welcome to apply to the next funding round, scheduled to open in 2018.
Alternatively you can look for other funding organisations which may be able to support your project.
If you wish to discuss anything further you can contact the DOC Funds team at email@example.com or 0800 862 020.
Key dates for 2017
- 23 June: Funding round closes at 5 pm for EOIs.
- September: Anticipated timeframe for inviting successful EOI applicants to submit a full application. Unsuccessful EOI applicants will also be notified.
- October: Anticipated timeframe for when full applications need to be submitted.
- December: Anticipated timeframe for notifying successful and unsuccessful applicants.
- From March 2018: Anticipated start date for commencement of projects. Note that projects cannot commence until a Deed of Grant is signed by both parties – this step can take 3 to 6 months.